Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6):
Testing both for IPv4 and IPv6, IPv6 preference is reproducable: http://www.ipv6proxy.net
This tool is like a IPv6 process. This open proxy is a forwarding proxy server that is accessible by any internet user, and is also useful for its fast propagation around the world after a changed DNS.
Analyze failures using ipv6proxy.net:
- The requested site (example.com) does not appear to have an IPv6 address.
- The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to example.com:443
– The reverse server name, IPv6 address and certificate combination may not match;
– Reported issue 2018-09-07: probably in case of a web server without TLSv1.0.
Eg IPv6 setup for a VPS:
Gateway to the IP-address (one address inside the IP-block): 2a01:7c8:d008::1
Common mistakes with IPv6:
- AAAA is always preferred over A. The application server can be limited to IPv4;
- Value, eg using ODBC, between brackets such as [2a01:7c8:aab1:282::1].
Linux statement to find out the IPv6 address:
$ ifconfig |grep inet6
inet6 2a01:7c8:d008:32:5054:ff:fee8:665a prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x0
inet6 fe80::5054:ff:fee8:665a prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x20
inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128 scopeid 0x10
A firewall may block:
Open a not standard SSH port for IPv6 too.
An internet provider’s IPv6 address is changing all the time:
Stabilize programming code in case of a security login check .