- A blocking robot.txt file in the top folder of a web server stops a robot like Google, which analyzes pages, from continuing;
- To run down search results from a phased-out web domain:
– add an index.html file containing: meta name=”robots” content=”noindex”,
– remove a blocking robots.txt file,
– remove an installation (such as WordPress),
– log in to Google Search to get no more than the “noindex” html-page indexed.
- A redirect to another web domain (in the .htaccess file) can affect search results.